As part of the project, a mobile application for mobile phones with Android & iOS operating system was designed and developed. The application has the following features:
• Multilingualism as it has been implemented in two languages (Greek and English).
• Ability to use the application both online and offline to avoid additional data charges.
• Exploitation of web maps to access points of interest and itineraries and filter points of interest by category.
• View the user’s location on the map.
• Presentation in a list of points of interest by category / subcategory with the ability to filter the results.
• Presentation of multimedia content for each point of interest (text, photos, videos, spherical video and virtual tours, map location and access directions).
• Suggested routes that the user can follow by exploring the points of interest that make it up.
• Connecting to social networks and sharing on them.
• Create a personal account and synchronize with the Web Portal.
• Registered user access the functionality of the personal travel guide, list of favourites, evaluation of points of interest and access to the following sub-applications.
• Access to cultural action consultation, where the user can vote for suggested actions or suggest an action seeking the support of other users
• Access to the innovative reward system for on-site users / visitors “SHARE & WIN”, which aims to disseminate tourist and cultural information on social networks. The user is encouraged to share “SHARE” an attraction on the social networks Facebook & Instagram as well as to evaluate his experience in it if he wishes. Having completed the above process, the application confirms its action and provides it with access to offers – discounts “WIN” of local businesses near it, aiming to connect tourism with business and increase the length of stay in the application area.
• Access to the digital augmented reality guide application through which the device enters an augmented reality environment in which a virtual character (tourist guide) appears who will guide him to the area and lead him to the selected point of interest as well as virtual objects that will provide him with additional multimedia information.
Download the application by scanning the QR code with your mobile phone now!